Confederation Logo




Useful Consumer Links

Useful Consumer Links

The following links are to websites that may help if you need advice or have a problem you wish to report:

Foreign Travel Advice (Foreign and Commonwealth Office (GB) )
Foreign Travel advice from A-Z. Search for a country or territory to obtain advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (GB) on:
Safety and security, Terrorism, Local laws and customs, Entry requirements, Health, Natural disasters, Money, Travel advice help and support.

Your Guide to Beating the Scammers
A scam is a scheme designed to con you out of your cash. There's a scam out there for everyone. If you let down your guard and think that you won't be fooled, then you too could become a victim. Younger, more affluent consumers are just as likely as older consumer to be targeted by scammers, new research by the OFT has revealed.

Consumer Complaints
Make a consumer complaint concerning any consumer problem you feel should be investigated or if you need advice

Consumer Protection
Clear, practical consumer advice relating to goods and services complaints.
Tel: 0345 404 0506 (check with BT for rates)

Gas Safe Register (SAFE)
By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register to do any gas work. This replaced the Corgi Gas Registration Scheme in 2009.

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

HM Revenue & Customs
HMRC is responsible for collecting the bulk of tax revenue, as well as paying Tax Credits and Child Benefits, and strengthening the UK's frontiers.

ICANN’s Registrants Benefits and Responsibilities Page.
In June, ICANN's Board of Directors approved the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA). The RAA is the formal contract between ICANN and registrars, and sets out the obligations of both parties.

ICANN's Site For Registrant Education.

Money Made Clear
Impartial information from the FSA the UK's financial watchdog.

Money Saving Guide, Tips and Advice

National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation (NICEIC)
Runs a complaints procedure against approved electricians and offers a guide to your fuse box.

OFCOM Consumer Advice
A range of information about telecoms services.

Office of Fair Trading
Office of Fair Trading has closed. The Office of Fair Trading was responsible for protecting consumer interests throughout the UK. It closed on 01 April 2014, with its responsibilities passing to a number of different organisations including the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and the Financial Conduct Authority.

A specialist, FREE to use and comprehensive one-stop-shop and monthly e-zine which is much more than just another website. Hotels for sale, business advice, marketing information, jobs search, specialist suppliers, recycling and forum.

Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
RIBA has a directory of architects and runs a conciliation service

Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Offers information on its chartered and technical surveyors and the complaints procedure

The Citizens Advice Bureau Service
Offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice.

The Health and Safety Executive
The Health and Safety Commission is responsible for health and safety regulation in Great Britain. The Health and Safety Executive and local government are the enforcing authorities
who work in support of the Commission.
HSE Infoline 0345 345 0055
Infoline provides access to workplace health and safety information, guidance and
expert advice. 8:30 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday

Trading Standards
One stop shop for consumer protection information in the UK

Watchdog homepage
Know your consumer rights. Complaints archive, expert advice, consumer guides, quiz and
web guide

Yes, sorry but this website uses cookies too. Here’s the annoying but obligatory cookie warning. More info…